Deadline: February 23rd, 2024
Applications are open for the NextGen Agriculture Impact Network (NGIN) Call for Global Youth Ambassadors 2024. NGIN is the first global platform including all relevant stakeholders across the agricultural system and elevating the voice and ideas of youth in global advocacy spaces. It has the objective of building pathways for young people’s full participation in agriculture and the sustainable, science-based transformation of the agricultural and food system for better livelihoods, better production, better environment, and better solutions for the future of people and the planet.
As the unique intergenerational multistakeholder platform co-creating impact opportunities and for youth, NGIN is pleased to invite young leaders in agriculture globally to apply to this open call from February 5th to February 23rd, 2024.
The NGIN Ambassadors have been at the core of NGIN’s drive towards youth participation in agriculture and they exercise their impact powers through global advocacy and by building impactful projects. In the last two years, NGIN has co-created with 45 highly diverse young leaders from almost as many countries representing six continents.
They are farmers and agri-preneurs, researchers and academics, economists, communicators, and influencers. In their diversity, the Ambassadors find great sources of reciprocal inspiration that take them further individually and boost their collective impact potential. They are influential leaders who serve as role models to their peers in their communities and an inspiration to the entire agrifood sector addressing some of the most crucial global challenges.
Does this sound like you? NGIN is looking for you!
- Be between 18 – 29 years on or before the application deadline.
- Be informed of the policy arena, passionate with a track record in agricultural advocacy.
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English (B2 – C2)
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ambition to impact and take up initiatives for co-creation.
- Be available and equipped to complete all the cohort’s activities including to travel internationally.
- Be committed to dedicating your time and talent to see a prosperous future for agriculture.
- Have keen interest in public speaking and communications.
- Social media savviness for activating your peers is preferred.
- Participation in the NGIN Flagship program which is the in-person co-creation & experience event of all 2024 Ambassadors, NGIN Board and partners.
- All selectees via the Open Call will be required to attend the NGIN Flagship program taking place in June 2024, Visa, flights, ground transportation, accommodation, and board are fully funded.
- Participation in the World Food Forum, leadership capacitation, mentor-matching.
- Opportunities to organize, moderate and speak at NGIN Talks and other high-level events.
A jury of NGIN Board members and earlier NGIN Ambassadors cohorts will make the selection of the 2024 cohort based on clearly communicated criteria. Terms and Conditions apply. All selectees will be required to commit to co-creation and joint rules of conduct enabling constructive, proactive, and progressive results from the collaboration.
Applications can be submitted until February 23, 2024, at 23.59 hours CET.